- Hardware (device, technology and logic) countermeasures against physical and side channel attacks
- Hardware security analysis, evaluation and methodologies
- Cryptographic hardware and embedded systems
- Efficient cross platform implementation (uCs, FPGAs and ASICs)
- Physical security - design against HW defaults and towards sound physical assumptions
- Physical security - interactions between HW/SW, algorithms and architectures for secured devices.
- Design of efficient physical entropy sources.
- Security as a whole on the architectural level – Tampering, Faults, SCAs.
- Power reduction methodologies for implementing high speed and robust digital and mixed signal VLSI chips.
- Dual Mode Logic based circuit design techniques - from circuits to systems and control.
- Israel Science Foundation (ISF), individual research grant - 4 yr. 290K NIS per year, 2021-2025. "First Noise Then Mask: Concrete Hardware-Security Levels With Low Electronic-Cost"
- Israel Science Foundation (ISF) Equipment Grant - 825K NIS
- Pazy Foundation (Talmi), Joint with Rafael - 4 yr. ~250K NIS per year, 2022-2026. "Active and Reactive Physical-Security for Electronic Systems"
- Bio-Chip Consortium (Israel Research and Innovation Authority) - 1.5 yr. 500K NIS, 2021-2023. "Hardware Security of Bio-IoT devices".
- Israel Ministry of Defense - Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure - personal research grants 2021 1 yr 300K NIS, "EM side channels".
- Israel Ministry of Defense - Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure - personal research grants 2022 1 yr 400K NIS, "Radio Channels based Side-channel attacks".